Sunday, November 14

The King of all Dealios!

I wanted to start this blog by explaining the King of all Dealios. I have been using Ooma since mid 2008 and I think it's the greatest gadget out there.  One of the things I hate the most is monthly bills. If I have an option to pay for something up front and avoid monthly payments, I do it. The Ooma is one of the best ways to do just that. Ooma is voice over IP or VoIP. It uses your internet service to replace your telephone service. VoIP isn't new, but you usually have to pay for the service. With Ooma, you buy the unit up front, and then you have no more phone bills. Ooma just has you pay monthly taxes, which are about $3.50. So, keep your DSL service, but cancel your residential phone line! You may experience a few hiccups. Your internet service or Ooma's network could go down and then your home phone won't work during that time. Ooma's network dropped one day out of the 2 years that we've used Ooma. Compare those instances to having to pay a monthly phone bill!  We just used our cell phones during the rare occasions that the Ooma wasn't working. For about $40, you can transfer your existing home phone number to Ooma. I highly recommend this. Please go to ooma.com to learn more about the product and it's features. Oh, I forgot to mention you get free local and long distance calling, free caller ID, free call waiting and voicemail. The cost for Ooma is somewhere between $200 to $250 on ooma.com, Amazon.com, or Buy.com. You might be able to walk into a Best Buy and buy one today without waiting for it to be shipped.  I recommend Buy.com because they usually ship for free and they don't charge taxes. How ever you buy it, it is well worth the money. You'll probably break even in less than a year depending on how much you pay for your home phone service.  Please let me know if you have any questions about Ooma or how it works. I hope this helps someone out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment